For youth-serving programs, the Participatory Evaluation process can be very beneficial. Youth views may vary widely from adult program staff or evaluators. Understanding and integrating youth perspectives can lead to more engaged youth participants and more meaningful evaluation results.
Involving youth in evaluation means:
- Including youth in the entire process
- Building communication between youth and adults
- Empowering youth to express themselves and exercise their rights
- Increasing buy-in for program success
- Providing concrete skills such as problem solving and civic values
For more information about Participatory and Youth Participatory Evaluation, click the links below: